Friday 3 April 2020

Tabby cat


That Spring tabby cat, the Brindled Beauty, arrived last night; or rather two of them did. Such a handsome moth! A pleasant change from the worthy but dowdy ranks of Quakers and their relatives. The top one was perched on the bulbholder close to the bright, warm lamp. The second one, below, was tucked in an eggbox inside.


Other than that, I think that I have a Clouded Drab in the next picture, unless it is one of the many colourways of the Common Quaker, and a genuinely small Small Quaker below that. There were three Hebrew Characters as well and three more Small Quakers plus one Common one.



My recording life has meanwhile been revolutionised by my discovery of irecord, both as a website and an app.  This was the by-product of a plant and wildlife survey we're having here - essentially communal but for the time being, obviously, something individuals are getting on with at a 'social distance'. It makes the process SO easy and uploading my night's guest list has become a new part of our household timetable during early morning tea.  Here's an example of my records list from the app, left, and my appreciative Feedback, right.

No comments: