Sunday 14 February 2021

Kitchen visitor

 


Things are inevitably very quiet in this icy spell but the gradual thaw which began this morning may bring better fortune. In the meanwhile, my second moth of the year crept into our kitchen a couple of nights ago. I hazarded a guess on the Upper Thames Moths blog that it might be Tortricodes alternella, the nearest resemblance I could find in the Micro-moth Bible.


UTM's generous expert Dave Wilton confirmed that I was right; a rather unusual occurrence. Meanwhile I have been disgracefully slow to report on the solitary moth which flew in to the trap the night after my last post, on 29th January. Here it is: a Pale Brindled Beauty, a species of no special beauty or fame but this one has the modest distinction of being my First Moth of 2021.

No comments: