Friday 1 July 2011

Minimalism


Tiny moth, tiny post. I tried the trap in a very shady area last night and the catch fell spectacularly. There were half-a-dozen Light Emeralds, three Mottled Beauties, a clutch of Hebrew Characters, Dark Arches et al. But the only novelty which caught my interest was this little chap on my dressing gown. So far I have Googled 'tortrix, micro moth, dotted and chequered' in various combinations without success. But as Che Guevara always said: 'La lutta continua. Hasta la vittoria siempre.' Or words to that effect.

Update: Yay! The mighty Ben Sale has done the business already. It's Lozotaenia forsterana, which doesn't seem to have an English name. So I hereby Christen it the Chequered Tortrix.

4 comments:

Bennyboymothman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bennyboymothman said...

Yep, one of the biggest from the Tortricidae family in this Country - Lozotaenia forsterana.

MartinWainwright said...

Ben, fantastic!

Where would I be without you?

Plunged in ignorance

Che Guevara would have saluted you too

Many thanks indeed,

M

Bennyboymothman said...

No problem Martin, any time!