Saturday 15 March 2014

Telstar

This post is just for the record, really, because the recent run of cold and foggy nights has reduced my moths to a trickle, for all that we've basked in lovely sunny days in between. Common Quakers and Clouded Drabs have turned up in single figures, like the elderly lady who always made it necessary for my dear late clerical uncle to officiate at Early Communion on Wednesdays because, unlike all his other parishioners, she never missed.


I'm prompted to make this note only by a slight increase in numbers following a warmer night and the presence among 13 Common Quakers and seven Clouded Drabs of this particularly handsome Satellite. Do older readers remember Telstar, both the satellite itself and the excellent tune by the Tornados? I hereby name this visitor Telstar in their, and its, honour.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I always like trying to guess the moth subject of your posts from the often cryptic titles, I got this one; Telstar was something my parents told me about ;-)

Martin Wainwright said...

Hi Dave - great to hear from you. I suppose it's a hangover from journalism. Or maybe some ancient Anglo-Saxon gene cos they were famous fond of wordplay

I'll keep trying to fox you...

all v best

M