Thursday 6 March 2014

Teatime moth



A bumper crop this morning by March standards, including a lovely early Spring moth whose magpie patterning is a welcome change from the dun and dusky brethren which predominate at this time of the year. It's an Early Grey, a moth which naturally makes me think of tea; after examining him or her, I post-hasted to the teapot and did our usual morning mix of two teaspoonfuls of Ordinary and two of Earl Grey. I much recommend this to one and all.


Also in the eggboxes: two Hebrew Characters, six Common Quakers, three Chestnuts, a Dotted Border and two Clouded Drabs - one shown above.  We're on the up!

2 comments:

Bennyboymothman said...

Nice one Martin, nice to see you are still getting a few. Both of these species have yet to grace my trap...hopefully tonight :)
All the best
Ben

Martin Wainwright said...

Hi Ben - I'm just coming over your way to have a look. Many apols for the delay in catching up with Comments - the effect of my grand daughter... All good luck! M